Search This Blog

18 December, 2015

Interview with Ghost Embrace (2015)

NINa: You own Hyperthreat Sound - a professional recording studio in Denver, CO. Nevertheless, you've decided to travel to NYC and then Vancouver to seek other professionals’ (Ten Jenson's and Randy Staub's, respectively) experience on the matter of mastering and production. Was it a smooth cooperation? What technical and interpersonal requirements did you have? Finally, what new things have you learned in the process?

One of my engineers suggest Randy Staub, and when I looked up his discography, I noticed he had mixed one of my favorite records. Evanescence latest release, was one of my musical addictions. I worked out to it every day for a year, and I am madly in love with that production. So it was a no brainer that I wanted Randy to mix the record. I had my lawyer contact him to see if it was even within the scope of my budget and if he would be interested. Randy only works on independent projects he personally likes, so when we got the thumbs up, I was very excited.

Full interview at http://industrialrock.net/php-files_en/articles.php?article_id=567

Interview by Fabryka Music Magazine